Pre-workout supplements, especially our pre-workout gummies, are enjoyed by fitness enthusiasts, and for good reason! Pre-workout supplements are designed to help boost energy levels, enhance focus, and improve physical performance during workouts. If you've never had them before you might be wondering: what does pre-workout feel like?
What is Pre-Workout?
Pre-workout supplements are formulated to provide the body with the necessary nutrients to enhance physical performance, increase energy, and reduce fatigue during exercise. These supplements are usually taken before a workout and contain ingredients such as caffeine, beta-alanine, creatine, and citrulline malate. Learn about pre-workout here.
How Does Pre-Workout Work?
Pre-workout supplements work by providing your body with a combination of ingredients that help you improve physical performance. Here are some of the ways in which pre-workout supplements work:
- Increased energy levels: Pre-workout supplements contain caffeine, which is a stimulant that helps increase energy levels, reduce fatigue, and improve mental focus.
- Improved blood flow: Pre-workout supplements contain ingredients like citrulline malate that help increase nitric oxide production in the body. Nitric oxide helps to dilate blood vessels, improving blood flow and oxygen delivery to muscles.
- Increased muscle strength: Pre-workout supplements contain creatine, which is a substance that helps increase muscle strength and power.
- Delayed onset of fatigue: Beta-alanine is an amino acid that helps reduce the buildup of lactic acid in the muscles, delaying the onset of fatigue during exercise.
What Does Pre-Workout Feel Like?
The effects of pre-workout supplements can vary from person to person, depending on the individual's tolerance to the ingredients and dosage. Here are some of the common effects of pre-workout supplements:
- Increased energy and alertness: Pre-workout supplements can provide an immediate energy boost, making you feel more alert and focused.
- Tingling or itching sensation: Some pre-workout supplements contain beta-alanine, which can cause a tingling or itching sensation on the skin. This is a harmless side effect that usually lasts for a few minutes.
- Increased heart rate: Pre-workout supplements containing caffeine or other stimulants can increase heart rate, which can be felt as a rapid heartbeat.
- Muscle pump: Pre-workout supplements containing nitric oxide boosters like citrulline malate can improve blood flow to the muscles, resulting in a sensation of muscle fullness or pump.
- Improved performance: Pre-workout supplements can help improve physical performance, allowing you to lift heavier weights, run longer distances, or perform more reps.
- Jitters or anxiety: Pre-workout supplements containing high doses of caffeine or other stimulants can cause jitters or anxiety in some people.
- Crash or fatigue: Pre-workout supplements can provide an immediate energy boost, but this can be followed by a crash or feeling of fatigue as the effects wear off.